Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Polish Days MAN-icure


It's time for another Polish Days mani! As you probably already know, November is No-Shave-November, or Movember (Mustache-November?). It started off as guys just being really gross and not shaving, but in the last couple years they've taken this horrible facial hair-filled tragedy and used it to raise money for men's health research. So I guess it's only fitting that the theme for this month is MAN-icure. It's a fairly broad idea and can be inspired by a special guy in your life, or just dudes in general. After consulting my not-a-boy-not-yet-a-man friend, Curtis (who I'm positive does not read this blog) he said "Well, guys like beer." No shit, Sherlock. But it was a pretty cute idea, so I went with it. If this theme day hadn't snuck up on me I'd probably try this over again before posting it. Maybe figured out a way to incorporate the beer mug handles? And not snag the mustache on the polish? *Le sigh*
For the beer, I used about 3 coats of Ulta Not From Concentrate. The fleshy color under the mustache is 2 coats of China Glaze Sunset Sail.







And since today is Election Day here in the ole US of A, I did a half-assed election mani. The base is OPI The Spy Who Loved Me with Naild'It's Indie-pen-dance Grand Finale glitters.



7 comments: